Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!!!!!

I have been on the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I have tried numerous ones and have never found one that had the texture that I wanted.....chewy and crunchy with rich chocolate!!!!  I was over at a friends house helping pack before a trip we were going on and she had cookies in the oven. The smell was delicious and the taste was even better!  The thought that went through my mind was....I FOUND IT!


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup crisco
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 12oz pkg Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips

Cream sugars, criscon, eggs, and vanilla.  Combine flour, salt, and soda; stir into creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by tbsp onto parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake 375 for 9-12 minutes or until just browning on edges.  Remove from sheet immediately.  Makes approx. 52 cookies.


YES, I FOUND IT!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. The cookies look so yummy! Wish it wasn't this hot out...
    Sofia
    http://frompdxwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sofia. They were yummy. The recipe makes 52 and all 52 are GONE!!!! Hope you try the recipe and let me know what you think!

    Thanks,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete