Friday, October 2, 2009

Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits part 2


Well, I have it!  They have the texture and taste that I want.  I'm happy now that I don't have to keep trying recipes, because you know when you make them then you have to taste them.


2 1/2 cup AP White Lily Flour
1tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
wax paper

 
Preheat oven at 475.  Sift together first 3 ingredients.  Stir in milk and oil with a fork til dough leaves the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.  Turn dough out onto lightly floured wax paper.  Knead 4 times and pat out into a 1/2 in thick oval.  Cut with a 2 inch round cutter, reroll scraps as needed.  Place 3/4 in apart on parchemtn lined pan.  Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly brown.  In my oven it takes 8 minutes, may take less or more depending on your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment