Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bread Pudding

Well, I have a new quest.....Bread Pudding.  I had some when we were in Destin.  It was fine.  It had icecream, then bread pudding, topped with whipcream!  Yum Yum.... the pudding was hot so it started melting the ice cream and made a sauce for the pudding.  I tried today with hotdog buns.  I have used hotdog buns to cake donuts.  To me, the hotdog buns are too soft and don't leave the end result with the right texture.  Too gummy.  Right now the cake donut one is my fav so far, but I'm trying french bread next.  I did some research and some say let it get stale and some say don't.  The liquid is pretty simple.  It depends on the amout you want to make.  Say for a 9x9 dish it would be 3eggs, 1cup sugar, 1 cup heavy cream or milk, cinniamon and vanilla.  Mix and pour over bread.  For a 13x9 it would be 5 eggs, 2 cup sugar, 2 cups milk or cream, cinniamon and vanilla.  There seems to be an infinite way to make it from the bread to different toppings.  The one constant is the custard but you can add to this also. So, the quest begins.......

No comments:

Post a Comment