Friday, August 13, 2010

Fruity Chicken Salad Sandwich

As you will find out in future post, I am a very, very picky eater!  I don't like alot of foods.  I have always been interested in finding a recipe for chicken salad without eggs and pickle relish.  My search lead me to fruity chicken salad.  At first, I didn't think that I would like the texture of the fruit (see I told you I was picky).  So, I began to work on a recipe that included the seasonings and fruits that I liked.  After a few trials, I got it! 



FRUITY CHICKEN SALAD

1 apple diced
2 cups grapes
1 cup fresh pitted cherries
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp dill
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups chicken (cooked and diced)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
Toasted pecans (optional)

Mix fruit and next 6 ingredients together.  Add chicken, mayo, and sour cream.  Mix well, then add toasted pecans.  Serve on croissants or on lettuce with crackers.

You can change out the fruit and use leftover chicken.  I used  a rotisserie chicken.  I also used low fat mayo and sour cream. 


Thanks and Enjoy,
Dana

5 comments:

  1. I'm now following from MBC. :)

    DigiMom
    www.digicrumbs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fruiti chicken salad looks yummy.. my daughter loves chicken salad and I'm sure if we do this recipe i'll be indulging too... I'm getting hungry..lol following you via mbc. stop by and visit me at healthy living & a balanced you www.aliciahunter.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy...
    Following you from MBC. Come visit and follow back!
    Sofia
    http://frompdxwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I am officially hungry now. This looks great.

    **Yolie

    ReplyDelete